COVID19 Mitigation: The organization team is monitoring closely the COVID19 situation. Remote presentations will be allowed. Depending on how things develop, the conference will be held fully online or in a hybrid manner.
The International Conference on Embedded Wireless Systems and Networks (EWSN) is a highly selective single-track international conference focusing on the latest research results on embedded systems and wireless networking, key enablers for visionary scenarios such as the Internet of Things and Cyber-Physical Systems. Building on the past 17 years of success, the 18th edition will be held in Delft, The Netherlands. The conference continues its aim for broad, world-wide impact.
Proceedings will be indexed in the ACM Digital Library, SCOPUS, and other prominent digital libraries.
Topics of Interest
The conference solicits both full technical papers and short papers describing validated early ideas. EWSN 2021 will feature the theme of “Embedded AI”, which reflects the recent technological advances in the intersection of embedded systems and AI and the vision of moving AI capabilities from the Cloud to the device and edge. Specific topics of interest include but are not limited to:
- Machine learning and data mining for IoT and sensor systems
- Embedded algorithms and systems for computer vision and speech recognition
- Modeling, simulation, and measurement tools for AI applications
- Applications of embedded AI in health, transportation, smart city, and manufacturing
- Experiences, challenges, comparisons of embedded AI platforms
- Communication and networking for wireless and embedded systems
- Sensing, actuation, and control
- Services and wireless networking for Cyber-Physical Systems
- Operating systems, middleware, and services
- Processing, storage, and management of data
- Programming paradigms, languages, and tools
- Time and location management
- Dependability (real-time, reliability, availability, safety)
- Privacy and security in applications and systems
- Human-machine interaction with wireless and embedded systems
- Design and implementation of real-world applications and systems
- Measurement studies and deployment experiences
- Green IoT (low-power, harvesting, energy management)
- Applications and problems from developing countries and emerging markets
Submissions to EWSN 2021 must be original (i.e., not previously published) and not currently under review by any other conference or journal. EWSN 2021 will adopt a double-blind review process. Authors must make a good faith effort to anonymize their submissions to ensure that their identities are not disclosed to reviewers and reviewers are discouraged from actively working to uncover author identities. To promote early dissemination, submission to arXiv (or similar) is allowed, provided cross-citations are not made. We will also offer authors a rebuttal phase before final decisions are made.
Formatting requirements. Both full (10-12 pages) and short papers (4-6 pages) are welcome. Authors should carefully consider this choice as full papers will not be considered as short paper candidates during the review phase. Pages must use 8.5" x 11" (letter) two-column format, using 10-point type on 11-point leading, with a maximum text block of 7" wide x 9" deep with an inter-column spacing of .25". The page limits include figures, tables, and references. Authors may use the LaTex templates provided here.
Paper submission is managed through HotCRP at the following site: https://ewsn2021.hotcrp.com/
P̶a̶p̶e̶r̶ ̶R̶e̶g̶i̶s̶t̶r̶a̶t̶i̶o̶n̶:̶ ̶S̶e̶p̶t̶e̶m̶b̶e̶r̶ ̶1̶8̶,̶ ̶2̶0̶2̶0̶
Paper registration: October 2, 2020 (extended)
P̶a̶p̶e̶r̶ ̶S̶u̶b̶m̶i̶s̶s̶i̶o̶n̶:̶ ̶S̶e̶p̶t̶e̶m̶b̶e̶r̶ ̶2̶5̶,̶ ̶2̶0̶2̶0̶
Paper submission: October 16, 2020 (extended)
A̶u̶t̶h̶o̶r̶ ̶r̶e̶b̶u̶t̶t̶a̶l̶ ̶d̶e̶a̶d̶l̶i̶n̶e̶:̶ ̶N̶o̶v̶e̶m̶b̶e̶r̶ ̶1̶6̶,̶ ̶2̶0̶2̶0̶ (no rebuttal phase)
Notification: November 30, 2020
Each deadline is 23:59 UTC-12 (AoE).