COVID19 Mitigation: The organization team is monitoring closely the COVID19 situation. Remote presentations will be allowed. Depending on how things develop, the conference will be held fully online or in a hybrid manner.
The International Conference on Embedded Wireless Systems and Networks (EWSN) is a highly selective single-track international conference focusing on premier research results at the intersection of embedded systems and wireless networking - an area of highest relevance for visionary technologies such as the Internet of Things and Cyber-Physical Systems as well as applications such as Industry 4.0, Smart Production, Smart Agriculture, Smart Cities, and Connected Cars.
In addition to full research papers, EWSN solicits submissions of poster and demo abstracts. The poster session at EWSN will provide a forum for researchers to present their work in progress and to receive early feedback from leading experts attending the conference. In parallel to the poster session, the demo session will offer a unique opportunity to showcase real prototypes, tools, and systems to the conference attendees.
Topics of Interest
The areas of interest for both poster and demo abstracts are the same as for full research papers:
- Communication and networking for wireless and embedded systems
- Sensing, actuation, and control
- Operating systems, middleware, and services
- Processing, storage, and management of data
- Programming paradigms, languages, and tools
- Time and location management
- Dependability (real-time, reliability, availability, safety)
- Privacy and security in applications and systems
- Human-machine interaction with wireless and embedded systems
- Design and implementation of real-world applications and systems
- Measurement studies and deployment experiences
- Green IoT (low-power, harvesting, energy management)
- Challenges of ultra dense networks
- Heterogeneous networks
- Applications and problems from developing countries and emerging markets
Feel free to ask the poster and demo co-chairs if you are uncertain if your topic fits.
Submission Instructions and Formatting Requirements
Each submission will be reviewed by members of the poster and demo committee and evaluated based on its quality and potential to stimulate lively discussions during the conference. Accepted poster and demo abstracts will be included in the conference proceedings, which will be available in the ACM Digital Library.
We adopt a single-blind review process for poster and demo abstracts. Please do not anonymize your submission and include name, affiliation, and contact information of all authors on the first page. A short abstract must be provided on the first page before the main body of the paper. Submission titles must start with "Poster: ..." or "Demo: ...", depending on the type of submission.
Poster and demo abstracts must be submitted as a single PDF containing no more than 2 pages, including figures, tables, and references. Demos must include one additional page describing the setup of the demo (hardware used, space needed, special equipment, etc.). Pages must have 8.5" x 11" (letter) two-column format, using 10-point font on a minimum 11-point interline spacing. All text must be kept within a print area of at most 7" wide by 9" high, with an intercolumn spacing of 0.25". Authors are recommended to use the LaTeX template provided at https://ewsn2018.networks.imdea.org/ewsn-template.zip. Submissions that do not meet these formatting requirements may not be reviewed.
Poster or demo contributions to EWSN 2021 must be submitted through Easychair.
We target a large and diverse set of contributions and presenters. We thus encourage and welcome contributions from students submitting early stage work and from authors aiming to complement their full (accepted or not) papers.
Presentation at the Conference
During the conference, we plan for one-minute madness presentations.
S̶u̶b̶m̶i̶s̶s̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶d̶e̶a̶d̶l̶i̶n̶e̶:̶ ̶D̶e̶c̶e̶m̶b̶e̶r̶ ̶4̶,̶ ̶2̶0̶2̶0̶
Submission deadline: December 7, 2020 (extended)
Acceptance notifications: December 14, 2020
Camera-ready paper submission: December 18, 2020
Each deadline is 23:59 UTC-12 (AoE).
Poster and demo co-chairs:
- Jorge Ortiz (Rutgers University, USA)
- Olaf Landsiedel (Kiel University, Germany and Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden)
Poster and Demo Technical Program Committee:
- Zhichao Cao, Michigan State University (USA)
- Atis Elsts, EDI, Riga (Latvia)
- Gabe Fierro, University of California, Berkeley (USA)
- Dezhi Hong, University of California, San Diego (USA)
- Timofei Istomin, University of Trento (Italy)
- Katia Jaffrès-Runser, IRIT, ENSEEIHT, Toulouse INP (France)
- Christoph Sommer, Paderborn University (Germany)
- Rui Tan, Nanyang Technological University (Singapore)
- Weitao Xu, City University of Hong Kong (China)
- Zhiwei Zhao, University of Electronic Science and Technology of China (China)